Welcome to the home of “trugs” – teaching reading using games.
Trugs® is a systematic synthetic phonics intervention resource, both for professionals in education and for in the home. Trugs is a group of card based activities to support with the progress of reading and spelling. Trugs creates a fun, engaging way to support those with literacy difficulties.
Trugs for Schools
Trugs for Home
Trugs Tricky Words
Trugs Stage 0
Get Started with Trugs
A 15% discount on getting started with Trugs at home box 1 teaching reading using games.
trugs at Home Box 1 Ideal for parents, trugs is a high quality synthetic phonics reading resource that is based on traditional card games, so you can help your child through the process of learning to read.
Play one of the 3 Games Get it, Match it , Take it at each of the 5 stages in box 1. Reinforcing, practising and consolidating reading in a fun and competitive way.
Trugs AT School
Systematic synthetic phonics resource, get School Box 1, with Check 1 and Pics 1 for Free.
School Box 1 504 cards phonics reading resource with 4 games Get it, Match it, Take it and Use it.
Trugs Check 1 checking student’s decoding skills using a 72 card game called Beat it, relating to the 5 trugs stages in box 1.
trugs PICS: Card games to inspire reading fluency and vocabulary. 4 decks of 36 cards totalling 144 cards.
The Bundle combines all trugs synthetic phonics resources, to support many students with literacy difficulties.
The trugs Intervention Bundle combines all trugs resources with the tracking and evaluation which is important for progress. The training supports the lead teacher and ensures that all staff understand the resource and can use it to support their teaching by taking ownership and responsibility of the intervention.
Includes all School boxes, Home boxes , PICS, Check, Tricky Words, Stage 0 and certificates and training.
Trugs for Schools
A structured 15 stage phonics intervention programme for all age students to learn to read by having fun.
- Get it, Match it and Take it card games enable students and children to practise, reinforce and consolidate reading.
- Use it card game develops sentence construction and increases vocabulary knowledge.
- Explanation Card explains what each Stage is and how to teach that stage
Trugs at home
Support your children at home with playing and having fun with card games. supporting all those with literacy differences. creating mastery in learning through fun and decodable games.
- Help your children learn to read by laughing and playing and having fun.
- Card games, Guess it, Match it and Take it at each stage makes reading practise easy and fun
- The Clue card explains what each Stage is.
- That’s all that’s needed because the structure has been put together by a dyslexia specialist